Name: Cora Visser
Position: PhD student
As a curriculum developer Cora is interested in the (lifelong) education of professionals and the requirements for such education. Her experiences in health care:
- a dietician for a patient organization, using patient education to emancipate patients so they could self-manage their chronic disease and collaborate with professionals;
- an educationalist, developing curricula for all different professionals in training and working with clinicians for the students portfolios;
- a patient and a care giver for family members, educating our doctor in dealing with regular diagnostic checkups and discussing treatment.
These experiences heightened her awareness of the complex interprofessional issues that arise when healthcare professionals work together in clinical settings.
Interprofessional practice and education, Educational design research, Qualitative research methods
- Visser C, Croiset G, Kusurkar R. What do medical and nursing students narrate about Interprofessional Collaboration during their study? AMEE conference 2013, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Member of Leerwerkplaats group in VUmc Amsterdam