PhD admission forms I and II
Form I must be used to apply for admission to the PhD track and has to be submitted at the start of the PhD track.
As from June 2017, Hora Finita, the new online registration system for PhD trajectories is (partly) operational.
This means that PhDs, supervisors and the Dean's offices will notice a few changes:
- PhD decision: Prior to Hora Finita, the rector signed the PhD decision, copies of these were made and sent by regular mail to all supervisors, the PhD candidate and the Dean's secretary. From this week onwards, the rector approves a request for admission to the PhD Trajectory in Hora Finita (approval of Form I). Consequently, a message is automatically generated and sent by e-mail to the PhD candidate, the supervisors and the Dean's secretary.
- Notifications: Hora Finita creates several messages automatically throughout the PhD Trajectory. Apart from the abovementioned PhD Decision, the system sends a notification per email of:
- Approval of a proposal for amendment to the PhD Decision
- Confirmation of the date for the defence
- Approval of the cover page of the PhD Thesis (which is a notification for the PhD only)
Because of the automatically generated notifications, it is now more important than ever to provide us with the correct email address of everyone in a PhD trajectory!
Alongside Form I, you have to submit the following documents at the Dean's office. You can send them by mail (address: dept. ZH 3D) or bring them along and deposit them in the postbox next to the 'D-elevator's, department 3D, hospital building.
- An original signed training and supervision plan (OBP). This means that the OBP has to be filled out and signed twice. The second original copy stays in possession of the PhD candidate. The OBP has to be signed by the supervisor, the second (co-)supervisor, the PhD candidate and the director of the research institute in which the research is embedded. The PhD candidate has to supply the OBP also digitally to the PhD committee of the research institute and to the HR department for the personel file (email@example.com). On these versions a signature of the dean is not required.
- A copy of an in the Netherlands valid identification document of the PhD candidate (preferably the passport).
- A copy of the Masters diploma obtained by the PhD candidate (see also article 8 section a of the doctorate regulations).
- In case the PhD candidate has not graduated from the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, an original copy of the diploma certified by the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam beadle's office has to be supplied.
- In case the PhD candidate has not (yet) recieved a (certified) university diploma, a certified diploma-supplement and a list of grades have to be supplied.
- A signed statement by the PhD candidate about scientific integrity
Form II is used to apply for admission to the PhD defence. This form is filled out by the VU University medical center Dean's Office at the end of the PhD track and after approval by the doctorate committee.
Official forms can be obtained by:
- downloading them from the VU University medical center intranet (VU University medical center employees only)
- downloading them from VUnet (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam employees only)
- requesting them at the VU University medical center dean's office