PhD admission forms I and II
PhD admission Form I and Form II have been modified in line with the new Doctorate Regulations. Form I must be used to apply for admission to the PhD track and has to be submitted at the start of the PhD track.
Alongside Form I, you have to submit the following documents at the Dean's office. You can send them by mail (address: dept. ZH 3D) or bring them along and deposit them in the postbox opposite the 'D-elevator's, department 3D.
- An original signed training and supervision plan (OBP). This means that the OBP has to be filled out and signed twice. The second original copy stays in possession of the PhD candidate. The OBP has to be signed by the promotor, the second (co-)promotor, the PhD candidate and the director of the research institute in which the research is embedded. The PhD candidate has to supply the OBP also digitally to the PhD committee of the research institute and to the HR department for the personel file (firstname.lastname@example.org). On these versions a signature of the dean is not required.
- A copy of an in the Netherlands valid identification document of the PhD candidate (preferably the passport).
- A copy of the Masters diploma obtained by the PhD candidate (see also article 8 section a of the doctorate regulations).
- In case the PhD candidate has not graduated from the VU, an orginal copy of the diploma certified by the VU beadle's office has to be supplied.
- In case the PhD candidate has not (yet) recieved a (certified) university diploma, a certified diploma-supplement and a list of grades have to be supplied.
- A signed statement by the PhD candidate about scientific integrity
Form II is used to apply for admission to the PhD defence. This form is filled out by the VUmc Dean's Office at the end of the PhD track and after approval by the reading committee.
Official forms can be obtained by:
- downloading them from the VUmc intranet (VUmc employees only)
- downloading them from VUnet (VU employees only)
- requesting them at the VUmc dean's office